The County Clerk of Randolph County is the official custodian of records for all actions taken by the Board of Commissioners. Responsibilities include preparing and publishing agendas, preparing minutes and the informational notebooks for the board meetings, distributing the board actions to the constitutional officers and department heads, and maintenance of the records.
The County Clerk is also the official custodian of county contracts, leases, resolutions and ordinances.
Major duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare, then distribute the agendas and attend all Commission Board meetings.
- Prepare informational notebooks for the Commissioners, County Manager, and County Attorney and media packets for the press. Also, make copies of the agendas to be distributed to the public at the meetings.
- Obtain signatures on all official documents and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Record minutes of the Board meetings, prepare minutes and distribute draft to the Commissioners, County Manager and County Attorney.
- Provide the approved minutes to Department Heads, Constitutional Officers, and anyone else who requests them.
- Provide requested information regarding records of the Board of Commissioners as part of public records.
- Ensure that all County ordinances are codified in a timely manner as required by State law. Assure compliance with current Open Meetings/Open Records Act.
- Ascertain training schedules for County Commissioners, scheduling for same and maintain files to confirm that Commissioners have completed State required training courses/hours.
- Other duties as assigned